So you’ve decided to take on an Akron bath remodel. Making the decision to upgrade a dated bathroom is just the first step in the process—but you have to start somewhere, right? If you’re just now embarking on your exciting bath renovation journey, set yourself on the path to success by checking out the four beginners’ tips below!
Helpful Tips for a Beautiful, Value-Adding Akron Bath Remodel
To maximize the value of your Akron bath remodeling, just follow these simple steps:
1. Consider how you’ll use your new tub.
First things first, you should think about how you plan to
use your bathtub. Consider not only how you bathe right now, but how those
habits might change in the future as well:
- Do you spend a lot of time in the bath? (A deep-soaking tub could be a great investment.)
- Do you need a lot of storage space? (Then you should prioritize built-in shelving and caddies.)
- Do you expect to spend much time cleaning? (If not, you’ll probably want a low-maintenance material such as acrylic.)
- Are you planning to age in place? (If so, consider installing a comfortable walk-in tub now rather than later!)
Your answers to these questions will help you choose the
right tub base design, wall surrounds, fixtures, and hardware.
2. Think about additional bathroom changes you’d like to make.
Although the bathtub itself is likely the star of the show, it’s not the only feature that has a visual and functional impact. Since you’ll be replacing your bathtub anyway, it might be a convenient time to go ahead and make any other updates you’ve been wanting.
For example, maybe you hate your dated vanity and want one with more storage. Perhaps your lighting system is decades-old and practically useless for shaving and styling. Whatever the case may be, it’s often easier and more cost-effective to complete Akron bath remodels in a single project.
3. Don’t rush through the design process.
To get high-quality results from their bath remodeling, Akron homeowners should never be too hasty with the design process. This applies to both the bathtub itself as well as any additional features like vanities, toilets, and lighting.
Take the time to browse images of tubs and bathrooms that you like, keeping in mind your answers to the questions in Tip #1. It’s also helpful to view product samples in person by contacting local bath remodeling companies, which leads us directly to the fourth and last tip…
4. Find a reputable Akron bath remodeling company.
The entire renovation process will go much smoother if you work with experienced professionals. While each household’s needs will vary depending on their expectations for design, material, and price point, you should at the very least look for an Akron bath remodeling company that offers:
- Free in-home cost estimates
- Products from reputable, recognized manufacturers
- Factory-certified (or otherwise proven) installers
- Comprehensive long-term warranties
If you’re still looking for a trustworthy and qualified bath remodeling company, look no further than Village Craftsmen, your Akron Bath Planet! We install top-quality bathtubs that are guaranteed to never chip, crack, or peel and that can be tailored to your choice of wall surrounds, fixtures, accessories, and more.
Installed in as little as a day, the affordable luxury of our Akron bath remodels simply can’t be beat. Find out more and request your free in-home cost estimate by calling us or completing our quick online form now!